Please arrive 5 minutes prior to class time. Every class begins with a warm-up period which is important and necessary for every student. It provides physical and mental preparation for a class and, when performed completely, can help prevent injuries.
- Before Class – Parents should accompany young children to the bathroom before class. (Bathrooms are located through the party room and shared with the Little Flippers Entrance lobby). Upon arrival, students should store their shoes and outdoor attire in the cubbies provided. Please do not leave them on the bleacher seating or around the lobby. All parents must watch their children before class and their siblings during the lesson. Parents and siblings may use the party room for quiet work.
- In Observation Area – Children are not to run or tumble in the lobby, and can not go into the gym without an instructor. Parents are required to supervise their children in the facility if they are not in class. Sweet Peas does not offer bathroom assistance so please consider staying in the lobby during class.
- After Class – At Sweet Peas, we believe as a parent your #1 responsibility is to be supportive of your child. Show your child that you believe he/she is a great person and trying his/her best is what is most important. If you leave the facility and are routinely late picking up your child, we may suggest exploring an alternative class time to better match your schedule. We reserve the right to charge a fee for late pick-ups that negatively affect our staff’s schedule. We do not guarantee direct supervision for your child when not picked up on time.
- Adults are not allowed in the gym unless supervising a child in an adult participation class. Adults are NEVER allowed on equipment. If a parent has a special reason to go in the gym other than to participate in a class with their pea, it must be cleared by management and a waiver must be signed.
- Sweet Peas is not responsible for lost, stolen, broken, or items left behind. We do not have a lost and found. Although we will do our best to locate an item left behind the day you attend class, we do not store items found in the facility.
- Per local Board of Health, NO SMOKING is allowed in or near our facility
- Please use extra care when driving through our parking lot. Watch for small children, drive slow and yield to pedestrians in the crosswalk.
- There are no pets allowed in the facility (exception for service animals).
Child injury and illness:
Please inform us of any physical or medical information regarding your child that would be relevant to his/her success in class (information is kept confidential). IF your child cannot attend class due to an injury, a doctor’s note may be required to return (and is required for any qualifying payment adjustments).
We are fortunate to have such a qualified team here at Sweet Peas. Our coaches are specifically selected and trained to safely bring out the best in each child. Sweet Peas instructors are USA Gymnastics Safety certified as well as First Aid and CPR certified. All staff participates in training, clinics, and seminars to further their teaching abilities. Finally, all Sweet Peas Gymnastics staff have access to the staff library which contains a wealth of information on the latest training techniques and theories of child development.
We pride ourselves in our facility, its bright colors, inviting atmosphere, excellent equipment, and cleanliness. We have a professional cleaning done every night. Food or drink is NOT ALLOWED in the gym. If you are enjoying food or drink in the viewing area, please help us keep the facility clean! Be responsible for making sure all garbage is properly disposed of. In consideration of food allergies, please clean up any spills in the lobby. No gum in class or the facility.
Practicing at home:
Although we want to encourage exercising at home, we do NOT encourage tumbling at home. Ask your child what they are doing in class but never spot skills you are not trained to. Do practice safe stretching and safe strength building. We would be happy to share ideas and pointers for safe home exercising.
We encourage communication between parents and teachers. Get to know your child’s teacher and understand that most communication will be through email. Please make sure we have your current e-mail address on file. We do not provide your e-mail address to any outside company.
Photos and Videos:
Photos and videos are occasionally taken at Sweet Peas and visual images of you and/or your child may be used for publicity purposes in newsletters, posters, and advertising as well as on social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Safe Sport Policy:
Sweet Peas Gymnastics strictly abides by all policies and procedures set forth by the Center for SafeSport which can be found at www.safesport.org. All individuals, are encouraged to report suspected violations of the Center’s SafeSport Code. They can be reported directly to USA Gymnastics by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (720) 524-5640. All Members of USA Gymnastics are required to report suspected SafeSport Code violations related to or accompanying sexual misconduct.